How to choose your home improvement contractor
You have your plans, you have your budget, now you need your contractor. For most home owners choosing a contractor is a big decision, the right contractor can make the project go smoothly and keep you happy during and after the project is complete. The wrong contractor can cost more money than hiring the correct contractor the first time.
Things to ask contractors:
- Are you a licensed New Jersey home improvement contractor if so can you provide your license?
- Do you carry liability insurance of at least $1,000,000?
- Do you carry workmens compensation insurance on your employees?
- Are your sub contractors licensed and insured?
- How often do you come to the job site? (i.e. once a day, once a week?)
- How long have you been in buisness?
- How long have your employees worked for your company?
- How long have your sub contractors worked for your company?
- Are you familiar with the materials being used in this construction? (i.e. steel framing, Azek decking)
- Do you provide a warranty with your work?
- Do you have a payment schedule or a progress payment schedule?
- Do you have a list of references with past customers?
- Will you provide me with a cell phone number to reach the project manager?
Upon request Wolfs Corner Construction will be more than happy to answer or provide information for any of these questions. We hope this list helps you in your contractor selection.